Mobile subscriptions more than toothbrushes
- Mobile subscriptions more than toothbrushes - 4.6 billion human beings are connected through mobile i.e. on an average 4 out of 5 adults have a cell phone (There are an estimated 4.2 Billion people who have a toothbrush and 4.6 billion who have a mobile subscription.)
- Malaysia & Sweden leading connectivity scorecard: Connectivity score card shows Malaysia and Sweden leading the score card in human resources led & innovation led group of economies. Malaysia’s connectivity will mean new avenues for country’s prominent tourism industry.
- 7 million USD were raised through text messaging during Haiti earthquake, this shows the potential of mobile commerce
- Mobile & Social media will converge
- How will consumers use their mobiles in the future? The key drivers for mobile usage are expected to be (in order of importance) money transfer; location-based services; mobile search; mobile browsing; mobile health monitoring; mobile payment; near-field-communication services; mobile advertising; instant messaging; and mobile music.
- The China Internet Network Information Center reports (March 2010): “China’s mobile phone users have showed rapid growth. By end of December 2009, the number of mobile Internet users reached 233 million, accounted for 60.8 percent of the total number of Internet users.” eMarketer predicts there will be more mobile Internet users in China at the end of 2010 than there are people in the US (the third most populous nation after China and India).
- Mobile web will become bigger than desktop internet ever by 2015 (research report by Morgan Stanley)
- Video accounts for 69% of mobile data traffic
- The mobile advertising market is poised to reach $593 million
- 69.6 million mobile web users are present in the world
- 25 million users accessed facebook through mobile browser in Jan-2010
- Cell phones are the next tobacco Expert opinion on mobile advertisement scenario, the whole presentation is insightful that is why I am not putting a single pointer.
Mobile usage and its impact
- Consumers will soon be demanding mobile services, with the increasing penetration of 3G handsets and smart phones consumer are becoming technology friendly and if you will not offer something that will encourage/utilize this portal someone else will
- Mobile advertising – mobile is one medium which is offering multiple formats of advertising i.e. text messages, blue tooth enables geographic messages, MMS, videos, tunes, mobile handsets covers, ringtones, caller back tones, and much more. All this makes mobile a unique medium
- Mobile research panels, though one of research colleague actively rejects this concept. But I think mobiles provide a great opportunity for an on-going research. You can develop panel slowly and engage them creatively then there is nothing like a mobile research panel
- Mobile Commerce Strategy – In a recent survey 80% of online retailers mentioned that they don’t have mobile strategy in place, while 83% of survey takers 11-20% of their users access their site through mobile web.
- Estimates for expenditure on mobile advertising and marketing worldwide ranged from US$1.4 billion to $7.5 billion in 2009, all analysts forecast rapid growth. But with annual mobile advertising expenditure of US$1.14 billion in Japan alone, are these estimates conservative or is Japan still light years ahead of the rest of the world? but keep the fact in mind that mobile revolution will be more significant in Asia (for more details refer to mobile mania facts by Team Y&R)
- The global mobile advertising market will be valued at over $16 billion by 2011. Mobile offers multiple types of advertising from plain text announcements to multimedia opt-in adverts. And the area is still not fully explored. For more on types of mobile ads by mobile marketing association
- Mobile advertising opens the opportunity to advertise tobacco to masses, as it doesn’t come under ATL media and hence is exempted from regulatory bans
- Mobile Mania by Simon (Team Y&R)
- Japan is leading the mobile marketing & advertising industry – this guide can help us in driving our marketing plans
- Interesting mobile statistics for UK
- Mobile internet is bigger than what you think
- Mobile metrics
- Interesting mobile statistics
- Eye opening insights about mobile phones
If you enjoyed this post, make sure you subscribe to my RSS feed!